[ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 6 01:42:04 UTC 2023

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

>...Neal Stephenson Says AI-Generated ChatGPT Is ‘Simply Not Interesting’

Quotes:
>...Stephenson said that with a painting or book, “what you’re doing is having a kind of communion with the artist who made thousands of little micro decisions ...

BillK

Sure BillK, but that is Neal Stephenson.  His stuff is so wacky cool, creative, zippy, of course ChatGPT is boring compared to him.  We all are.  If he read any of my stuff, he would make it thru about six words before falling asleep or fleeing back to ChatGPT.

Even if it isn't great sci-fi, I want to read something a machine generated, just as I want to watch computers race motorcycles, even if they aren't as fast as their human counterparts.