[ExI] Language Models on Consumer Hardware

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 20:20:04 UTC 2023

On Sun, 12 Mar 2023 at 17:30, spike jones via extropy-chat

> OK, so… we saw ChatGPT running on massive hardware, but naturally one who has lived thru the experience described above wants to find a way to… well not necessarily cram an AI up my ass but somehow wear a ChatGPT device on my person where it is unobtrusive, and know everything about everything.  Gadersd, can you work out a way to carry whatever is necessary?  Is a cell phone sufficient ya suppose?
>
> spike

I am not a smartphone expert, but.....
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (about 1500 USD) specs say
CPU: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy
(Up to 3.36 GHz)
RAM: 8GB / 12GB
Storage: 256GB / 512GB / 1TB

and the Samsung Dex system allows connection to monitor, keyboard and mouse.

So phones are getting pretty powerful nowadays.

BillK