[ExI] Language Models on Consumer Hardware

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:03:47 UTC 2023

Someone managed to run the 13 billion parameter model on a 3.6 GHz processor with 8 GB ram so those phone specs are close! But be aware that GPT3 is 165 billion parameters so we are still a while from running something as big as ChatGPT on a phone. The 13 billion parameter models are approaching usability though.