[ExI] Atheist Prayer?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 15 14:32:26 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
,,,
Subject: Re: [ExI] Atheist Prayer?

>…I agree that solving death is inevitable, but I am not so sure about polarization. Competition runs in our blood. Even if we eventually come to agreement on a theory of everything, I am sure disputes regarding non-physical matters such as politics will remain. How do you propose to solve that issue? Modify the mind to find violence distasteful? Would people willingly give up the freedom to hate each other for the sake of peace? Is it ethical to force such augmentation?

Ours is a species which came to where we are because of competition.  We won against other species by developing massive brains.  Those brains are biologically programmed by the notion that competition breeds excellence.  Far from eliminating competition, we create it, including creating recreational violence (boxing, mixed martial arts, etc) terrain acquisition sports such as American)football for instance.

Communism imagines competition can be repressed or eliminated, but of course it cannot in a species which got to where it is by competing and winning.