[ExI] Atheist Prayer?

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:02:52 UTC 2023

On 2023. Mar 15., Wed at 14:56, Gadersd via extropy-chat <

> I agree that solving death is inevitable, but I am not so sure about
> polarization. Competition runs in our blood. Even if we eventually come to
> agreement on a theory of everything, I am sure disputes regarding
> non-physical matters such as politics will remain. How do you propose to
> solve that issue?

Competition is good, but extreme polarization eliminates healthy
competition in the marketplace of ideas. The sides hate each other, so as
soon as one side gains the power to do so, they outlaw the expression of
the ideas of the other side.

Modify the mind to find violence distasteful? Would people willingly give