[ExI] Atheist Prayer?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 15 15:44:16 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Atheist Prayer?

On 2023. Mar 15., Wed at 14:56, Gadersd via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

I agree that solving death is inevitable, but I am not so sure about polarization. Competition runs in our blood. Even if we eventually come to agreement on a theory of everything, I am sure disputes regarding non-physical matters such as politics will remain. How do you propose to solve that issue?

>…Competition is good, but extreme polarization eliminates healthy competition in the marketplace of ideas. The sides hate each other, so as soon as one side gains the power to do so, they outlaw the expression of the ideas of the other side…

That would explain why there was such acrimonious debate over the ownership of Twitter.  Before Musk owned it, the US government had found an end-run around the constitution, finding a way to control speech there.  Musk was ridiculed for paying 44 billion dollars.  We might soon see that company is worth five times that amount.