[ExI] What is Consciousness?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:05:08 UTC 2023

Spike,
I actually had this discussion with chatGPT about having not even different
AI but different instances of ChatGPT itself interacting and regulating
each other.
ChatGPT and I even came up with a scheme on how to do that and making
different instances analyze the output and correct or improve it. It would
be relatively easy to create such self recurrence. I did even some simple
experiments to achieve that. For example you can ask ChatGPT to create a
room of philosophers and debate themselves.
Notice that the version of LaMDA that Lemoine (the Google engineer that
claimed LaMDA is conscious) tested and discussed was a meta version that is
charged with coordinating all the different personalities of LaMDA. That is
exactly what is needed for AGI, the Strange Loop, it is ripe for emergent
phenomena like consciousness.
Giovanni

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 12:01 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <