[ExI] What is Consciousness?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 21 13:37:42 UTC 2023

From: Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] What is Consciousness?

>…Spike,

I actually had this discussion with chatGPT about having not even different AI but different instances of ChatGPT itself interacting and regulating each other.
ChatGPT and I even came up with a scheme on how to do that and making different instances analyze the output and correct or improve it…Giovanni

Ja, cool.  Silicon based intelligence has inherent advantages over organic: we carbon-based intelligences hafta die every once in a while.  So old smart people die and the new ones know nossink.  And they won’t listen to us!  That we die is such a dreary thing, wasteful it is.  Perfectly good wisdom goes into the ground or into the dewar.

Collectively we accumulate intelligence but the process is far too energy inefficient.  We need to sleep, we need to eat, all that stuff.  AIs could stay up all night, train each other constantly, test, observe, hypothesize, debate, improve, never hafta die.

I want to be silicon based.