[ExI] What is Consciousness?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 19:49:55 UTC 2023

Brent,
Science has abandoned since Galileo the concept of QUALITY. It is a stupid
idea because it is incredibly vague. This is what kept Ancient Greek
natural philosophy behind. They would say this type of movement has a
"violent" quality, that is meaningless and vague. Galileo insisted on using
the language of nature, that is mathematics, to describe how the world
works and today after only a few hundred years we are talking about
intelligent machines we created using Galileo's program for understanding
reality.
Qualia (that is in a sense of a small chunk of a qualitative experience
according to philosophers) is a silly idea as it was the idea of Water,
Air, Fire and Earth qualities of matter making up the world.
Giovanni

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 5:43 AM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <