[ExI] What is Consciousness?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 02:20:59 UTC 2023

Hi Rafael,

This is a second attempt to send this email to the list.  Evidently posts
can't be more than 160K, so no room for the image which I had included.
(Rafael received it, since I sent it to him, directly).
So here is a copy without the image.  You'll just need to go to the URL, if
you want to see the image of the tiger.

I'm not familiar with the fusiform gyrus color rosettes.  It sounds like
you know more about the current understanding of at least this part of
neuroanatomy than I do.  So I very much appreciate your help with all this
stuff.   I've been able to find information on the fusiform gyrus, but
nothing, yet, about the color rosettes.  So I was wondering if you could
provide some references where I can learn more?

Also, I have a question about this "thing that contains the redness quality
in the brain."

In our video, there is a chapter called "Perceiving a Strawberry."
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness?chapter=Perceiving+a+Strawberry&format=360&t=120>
At 2:00 minutes in it illustrates a single pixel on the surface of a
strawberry changing from redness to greenness. So, obviously, subjectively,
there is one pixel physically changing, out of all our colored pixels that
make up our total subjective experience of the strawberry in the brain.
So, objectively, what would you see, when one observed just this one
subjective pixel which is changing from redness to greenness?  How would
this color rosette mechanism accomplish such a subjective experience of one
pixel changing like this, Along with all the other pixels of which our
subjective knowledge is composed, which could also all change to be any
color at any time?

<https://brandonbouck.com/>

https://brandonbouck.com/ <https://brandonbouck.com/>

<https://brandonbouck.com/>

In other words, would you agree with the statement:

    "*If you know something, that knowledge must be something.*"

Including every single pixel quality, of which our conscious experience of
the strawberry is composed?

On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 6:00 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <