[ExI] The Automathician

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 27 20:36:19 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Automathician

>…Wonderful things, you say.  ABout a machine that can't add properly (post from John).  Today's paper:  example of asking the AI to write a paper with references of studies, and every one of them was phony - made up.

>…How can that even happen? Blatant lying.  How can we trust these things now when such egregious errors are pointed out?  bill w

No way Jose.  It is a language analysis tool, not a person.  It isn’t blatant lying or blatant truthing, for it is capable of neither.

Billw, do not toss this aside, for it is a critically important observation.  Not only does ChatGPT enable students to cheat, it enables their professors to cheat too: instant research papers, filled with references, right there, all of it phony as a three dollar bill.  But you can be sure that careers will be advanced fraudulently using this.