[ExI] Parasocial Relationships was Bender's Octopus

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:45:10 UTC 2023

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 at 21:48, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

 <snip>

> I would say that the programmed love of an AI companion is by
> definition unconditional, non-judgemental, and might be the most
> important and lucrative application for LLM so far. I am reminded of
> something that Tara Maya said in an earlier thread, and that is if AI
> loved us as much as our dogs do, then that would be about the most
> wonderful Singularity imaginable.
>
> Stuart LaForge

The more expensive sex dolls already have some AI features with simple
vocal responses. Obviously the AI chatbots will soon be added to sex
dolls to make them even more realistic.
I have seen them in TV documentary programs. Even without many AI
features the men owners treated them like real people, sitting with
them to watch TV.
The owners seemed to be really happy with their companion to alleviate
their loneliness.
A ChatGPT sex doll will be even better.

BillK