[ExI] The case for how and why AI might kill us all

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:00:56 UTC 2023

China have a serious problem with their LLMs for mass consumption - as it
seems to be a very difficult problem to RLHF an LLM into not referring to
Winnie the Pooh, or avoiding mentioning two numbers in the same sentence
that together form a dog-whistle for Tiananmen Square.

But they will /absolutely/ lean into it, and lean into it /hard/ where they
can get administrative, productivity, or military advantages with it.

And yeah, any concentration of chip fabs that can spit out GPUs just
became a strategic asset on par with uranium mines.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 11:49 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <