[ExI] Dr. GPT, Problem-solver

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Mon May 1 11:11:36 UTC 2023

On Mon, 1 May 2023, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat wrote:

> I mean, who cares if it 'really understands', when the real question is can
> it really solve real problems?
>
> Let's get real!

I think that is a wonderful way to think about the consciousness of
these systems, and of course not a new way to think of it.

Does it quack like a duck, then it's a duck.

And then you can disregard, from the point of consciousness, everything
inside the box. Of course that does not mean we should not stop
analyzing and understanding what's inside the box, but I guess this is
kind of related to the "red herring" way of looking at things.

Best regards,
Daniel