[ExI] watt an opportunity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon May 1 23:42:11 UTC 2023

The company that supplies power to California wants to create a rate
structure with price based on one's income.  I am retired, but comfortable.
The rate doesn't take into account what one owns, only what one makes.

The proposal is being criticized as being communist, but really it is
capitalism at its finest.  My neighbors on either side and across the street
are all younger, still in their working years, so their actual income is
lower than mine, even if I am more. comfortable.  They all own Teslas (one
of them owns two.)  So if PG&E passes that rate structure, I can install a
high-speed charger, sell them power at my lower cost, charge their cars at a
lower rate than they pay, they save (some) I make a buttload.

See there, Marxism isn't so bad, once one figures out how to take advantage
of the silliness.