[ExI] watt an opportunity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 2 03:57:50 UTC 2023

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: watt an opportunity

>.The company that supplies power to California wants to create a rate
structure with price based on one's income.  I am retired, but comfortable.
The rate doesn't take into account what one owns, only what one makes..spike

I thought of a slight complication.

Consider these estimates.  A Tesla hotwatt needs. just say. 100 KWh.  There
are four of them living within 30 meters of my house.  Suppose PG&E charges
me 20 cents a KWh being a comfortable retiree, but they pay 30 cents being
young and fully employed.  So it costs me 20 bucks to charge their car, but
they woulda paid 30.  So, I charge  them 25, I make 5 bucks on the deal and
they save 5 bucks.  Hmmm, OK, deal.  Everybody wins, with the exception of
the power company, but we are playing by their stupid rules, ja?

But then it occurred to me that my neighbors could create phony 1040s and
claim they make less than I do.  Then they could charge their own cars and
offer to sell me power at cheaper than I can buy.  They would reason that if
the power company catches on, well. it isn't cheating on their taxes, since
they submitted a real 1040 to the feds.  The power company only asked for a
1040.  They did not and cannot demand an accurate one.  Even if they did, my
neighbors could offer a twenty year old 1040 and claim they accidentally
typed a 2 in the date where the 0 shoulda gone, and besides, the power
company didn't specify they needed a recent tax return.

Then it occurred to me that it is probably illegal for the power company to
base their rate on income anyway.  Sigh.  No five bucks profit per Tesla for
the old spikester.  Perhaps Marxism just isn't profitable after all.  If
there is not some clever mechanism for exploiting the evil wealthy power
company, communism just isn't worth doing.