[ExI] Observation

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Tue May 2 21:53:35 UTC 2023

On 02/05/2023 21:17, spike wrote:
> Upswing is neither.  Spike
>
> On Tue, May 2, 2023, 12:22 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
>

>     > Observation: the right wing is stupider than the left, but the
>     left is
>     > sillier.   bill w
>
>     Can't argue with that.
>
>     (whatever happened to 'up wing'?)

No, not upswing. Upwing. Upwingers. I seem to recall someone proposing
that term (Max More, Giulio Prisco? Don't remember who) quite a while ago.

Basically a reaction against the established right/left division, and an
expression of extropian optimism, I think. "Upwards!, and Onwards!" type
of thing. Never seemed to catch on, anyway.

Ben