[ExI] Observation

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 2 22:35:40 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, 2 May, 2023 2:54 PM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Cc: Ben Zaiboc <ben at zaiboc.net>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Observation

On 02/05/2023 21:17, spike wrote:

Upswing is neither.  Spike

On Tue, May 2, 2023, 12:22 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> Observation: the right wing is stupider than the left, but the left is
> sillier.   bill w

Can't argue with that.

(whatever happened to 'up wing'?)

>…No, not upswing. Upwing. Upwingers…

I was on my phone.  The dam thing autocorrected me!  Why I aughta…

Which reminds me, think of all the times we heard that phrase.  The three stooges, a lotta the old movies, the tough guy would say …why I aughta… but never anything after that.

I meant upWING.  It also autocorrected my lower case s in spike to upper case.  I need to figure out how to turn off autocorrect.

To me that is a philosophy that makes a lot of sense in our times.

>…Basically a reaction against the established right/left division, and an expression of extropian optimism, I think. "Upwards!, and Onwards!" type of thing. Never seemed to catch on, anyway.  Ben

Hey, it sure worked on me.  I am inherently optimistic, one of those who believes AI will not kill us all.  It might kill us some, and that part will be bad.  But I don’t think humanity will become extinct.