[ExI] Observation

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed May 3 17:25:17 UTC 2023

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 6:10 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat

> On 03/05/2023 12:41, Keith Henson wrote:
>

> On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 3:37 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
>
> snip
>
>  I am inherently optimistic, one of those who believes AI will not kill us all.  It might kill us some, and that part will be bad.  But I don’t think humanity will become extinct.
>
> I don't think you are using enough imagination.  How about nobody dies
> and humans become biologically extinct anyway.
>
> That would be acceptable, but my preferred option would be that nobody dies unless they want to, and those who want to remain biological are given their own environment to live in, that doesn't interfere with those who want to do other things.

That's essentially what I did in fiction.  Mind you, *fiction.*  I
have no confidence about what humans and AIs might do in a world where
it was trivial to move between physical state and uploaded.

I suspect most if not all would settle in the uploaded state, but
that's just a guess.

Keith