[ExI] watt an opportunity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 5 01:10:03 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of sjatkins via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] watt an opportunity

That you can make a money off of some bizarre government program does not mean that it is capitalism at its best in the slightest.  Real capitalism in my opinion is a free market, NOT government setting prices or changing prices depending on one's income or anything else.   High government involvement in the market is and lots of "public/private partnerships" is the hallmark of fascism, not capitalism.

All true Samantha.  The rate structure in this case isn’t set by government, it is the power company.  I suspect the government may tell the power company that the proposed rate structure is illegal.