[ExI] Capitalistic Corruption

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Sun May 14 00:41:09 UTC 2023

> In terms of social media, I don't know if I think it's a good place to
> find business ideas. I would focus on solving problems or providing
> value

I hypothesize the factors that compel a person to like and spread a social media post are similar to the factors that cause a product or service to spread among consumers. Understanding one leads to understanding the other. In this way I think of social media posts as products with very rapid development cycles.

The like distribution on my past posts seems to support the idea that people pay more attention to posts that strike some emotional chord, acknowledge a shared experience, or serve as a mouthpiece for some ideological idea.

Maybe I’m not perceptive enough, but I can’t find any concrete problem to solve for people. It seems to me that most of the value that people seek these days is in the form of entertainment as many people have all their basic needs met. I’m sure many companies have internal problems, but I can’t solve problems that I am not aware of. My background is in physics, programming, and math but I do not see these skills as very valuable for an individual since most practical engineering problems have either been solved already or require massive investment. Hence, I feel directed towards providing some sort of entertainment that is possible for an individual to create.