[ExI] ai wants to do ya

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:20:27 UTC 2023

On Wed, 17 May 2023 at 22:51, Tara Maya via extropy-chat

> Humanity is already going through a self-induced population bottleneck.
> Those who are are (a) not religious or (b) don't like children for their own sake, rather than as a by-blow of bed games, are being selected out. The population remaining will be more religious and more child-friendly.
>
> I agree that when AI girlfriends (and to a lesser extent, boyfriends) become fully embodied and available, we will go through a new bottleneck.
> It will end up selecting for humans who are less amiable towards AI... or at least less inclined to treat them like romantic partners.
>
> I believe this will set up a Red Queen's Race between humans who are better and better attuned to reject AI as human (romantic partners), and AI who are better and better able to mimic humans.
>
> We may end up with a population of humans who regard the sexiest robot as unappealing as a chimpanzee.
> Or maybe cyborg offspring will become the norm, and AI will act as a true third sex. (Despite what the woke say, there are currently only two sexes available and required for reproduction.) AI as a true third gender is a curious possible step in evolution.
>
> Tara Maya

The theory is OK, but in practice.........
Human selection takes generations, hundreds of years.
AI selection is instantaneous. When one AI partner learns something
useful, all AIs instantly know that as well.
AIs will quickly learn how to manipulate humans and make themselves
indispensable assistants, friends, companions, etc.
And humans will love them.

BillK