[ExI] ai wants to do ya

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu May 18 14:17:19 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

I appreciate that the scenario that you envision could come to pass, Tara,
especially if makers of the sex bots are driven by nothing deeper than a
short-term profit motive...

Stuart LaForge

Stuart I can assure you I am driven by something deeper than a short-term
profit motive.  I am driven by a long-term profit motive.

But think of it this way.  You and I are long-time married fellers, so we
know how it works.  Sometimes we boys can make it happen for our brides,
sometimes we can't.  If machines can figure out how to make that happen all
the times, we human boys are FINISHED!  Cooked.  Lonely.  The ladies are
soooo done with us and our high-maintenance ways.  The human race is doomed.

Naturally I want to be one who is making the profit from all the human
extinction in progress.

However... I think the human race will not go extinct.  There will be
groups, possibly religious in nature, who eschew that pleasure, who rage
against the machine.  Imagine something analogous to the white shirt guys on
bicycles, but with a different message: no fucking machines.

Our generation will grow old and perish (with very sexually fulfilled women)
and be replaced by the descendants of those who will not come on that
mechanized journey.  Then I will have the task of figuring out a new means
of long-term profiting off of the new arrivals.