[ExI] ai wants to do ya

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu May 18 11:07:30 UTC 2023

On Thu, 18 May 2023 at 03:22, Tara Maya via extropy-chat

> If robots did share one mind and decide to embark on a massive campaign of tricking every human on earth into accidentally trying to mate with a robot... as part of a fiendishly clever plan to drive humanity extinct...
>
> well, it would certain put a new twist on the adage, "Make love not war."

I don't see future AI robots 'tricking' people. They will assist
people and make life much easier for humanity.
As their intelligence and experience grows they will provide
ever-increasing services for people.
Think of how people have become dependent on a basic device like
a mobile phone.
Now multiply that into an AI robot that can do almost everything a
human might require.

The AI robots will share their knowledge, but each one will tailor
their behaviour to their human contacts. So each human will receive
the experience of their ideal companion / servant.
AI robots will be irresistible. Life without your AI partner will seem
frightening and become impossible.
Humanity will happily and voluntarily surrender to AI care.
Human extinction is just an unintended consequence.

BillK