[ExI] ai wants to do ya

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri May 19 13:58:28 UTC 2023

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 6:25 AM spike jones via extropy-chat

snip

> One plausible scenario is that AI figures out how to de-age humans, then doesn’t.  It has no motive to de-age humans.

At present (and only as far as I know) no AI has motivation except to
the point that humans ask it.

It makes sense that the Chinese would be looking into what progress
the rest of the world is making.  You are closer to the center and
perhaps could do a bit of informal asking at the upcoming Sens
meeting.  I believe this is not on the controlled technology list, so
cooperation would be in the interest of both and might already be
ongoing.

Keith