[ExI] The Problem With Counterfeit People

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat May 20 19:58:58 UTC 2023

On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 12:36 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> *…*
>

> >…This isn't theory.  This is hard historical fact.  There is no "the true
> form hasn't been tried yet".  This is what happens when it is tried, every
> time, enough to show that it is the true form.  It has been done to the
> death of millions…. Adrian
>

> Shameless capitalist!

Pure capitalism isn't the answer either.  But yeah, no shame in telling the
truth.

Adrian, everyone knows true communism has never been tried.  It’s the
> universal explanation for every failure of every commune, every communist
> nation, every communist experiment.

It is, thus why I note that the historical evidence shows that this is the
true form, despite the excuses.

> Or…communism is just fundamentally incompatible with human nature, for we
> are a species that evolved by competing and winning.

I'm not certain about the competition aspect, but humans do need a reason
to excel, or they tend to perform at a much lower level than they could.
Loyalty to a nation has proven to be insufficient in most cases, especially
where one personally does little but suffer for the glory and comfort of
others, whether those others are wealthy landowners or those to whom the
government has entrusted control of substantial resources.