[ExI] road to wellville, was: RE: morality

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat May 20 21:58:47 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
efc--- via extropy-chat

>>...I don't begrudge anyone
> having an imaginary friend they turn to in their difficult moments.  I
> consider

>...No, I thought it was highly charming at some level. I like people who
stand up for their principles and adding this note, at the risk of
alienating customers who are not christian or conservative, I find that
admirable... Best regards,
Daniel

Consider the function of prayer by the religious.  We consider it pointless
discussion with an imaginary being, but is it anything else?  Ja!  It causes
the prole to slow down, consider their actions, maybe take it a little
slower, particularly to be slow to anger.  Sometimes it helps humans to hear
themselves verbalize about a problem, for they talk themselves into a
solution.

Consider using ChatGPT or Eliza as a life coach, or the poor-man's
psychologist.  ChatGPT can't really counsel the user beyond what they tells
it, ja?  Eliza doesn't even pretend to do that very sincerely.  So what is
that?  It is the atheist's prayer.

Using ChatGPT as a life coach is the atheist's version of prayer.