[ExI] The Problem With Counterfeit People

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun May 21 17:25:32 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat

>…I agree that the threat of punishment for drug addicts is not the way as these people probably aren’t very concerned about their future well being. Do you predict that moving addicts out of cities would lower the incidence of new drug addicts in the cities? Would the drug communes eventually die off , decreasing the per capita drug addiction stats. Or would the drug commune members breed like rabbits, creating many little addicts who would then succumb to the fate of their parents or be moved into foster care?

Good questions Gadersd.  The distant drug colony solution doesn’t address that problem.  Most homeless addicts are male from what I can tell (over 80% I would estimate) so one possibility is to transport only the men out to Termo.  The available drugs are apparently evolving to be more addictive than previously they were, so perhaps if we transport the male addicts only and give them anything they want out there, the cities could deal with the remaining non-addict homeless and the women.