[ExI] Meta - Can a language be considered as symbiotic "living" entity on a more abstract definition of cyberphysical reality

Jeremy Markman jmar382 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Wed May 31 22:07:57 UTC 2023

I apologize, I tried to ask this a few days ago but the message got moderated because of too much Jargon.

During human evolution, human's ancestors had some inheritable phenotype that allowed them to embed and utilize symbolic language in a manner that extended their potential complexity, adaptability, and ethological effectiveness.

There is much literature that at least have soft claims of language and human evolution being a sort of positive feed back process. As proto humans that had more latent ability to utilize language were selected for, language itself became more complex, diverse, and effective. Language became more effective in the sense that the n years of building up the corpus of what makes up a language, initially "embedding" itself in the semi blank slate of human infants minds in a more and more effective manner.

Typically in our day and age, there are pretty well standardized values of how many words a child would know on average at a given point in their development. Each word doesn't exist in isolation but is similar to a scientific paper where there are "references" to a vast array of other words, or general linguistic information.

The point is is that I don't really know how to describe this concept I am curious getting your feedback on without resorting to jargon but I am going to at least try.

  1.  There is the concept of an extended phenotype where a gene encodes for a phenotype in another organism
  2.  Reality is generally broken down into objective, subjective, abstract internal reality - and objective, subjective, abstract external reality. The boundaries of these definitions break down upon closer inspection but are generally stable if viewed as black boxes with non-gestalt, fuzzy, and recursive boundaries
  3.  A persons emergent existence is best modelled as a digital twin across four dimensional space time
  4.  A cultural/memetic endosymbiont such as what I am proposing a moderately prescriptive language to be could be seen as an independent entity that people smarter than me would be able to clearly define the ontological boundaries of it's existance in the framework outlined in 2)
  5.  I think I used too much jargon again, send help