[ExI] AI Safety Agreement

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 05:39:45 UTC 2023

On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 7:31 PM spike jones via extropy-chat

snip

> Ja.  BillK, when we read of attempts to regulate AI development, we all know
> that nations are led by people who crave power.  They will carefully craft
> the rules to slow down the other guy if at all possible.   They all
> recognize that whoever first develops human-level programming-capable AI
> rules the world.

I doubt this.  It assumes that the AIs will stay under control.  If
you have interacted with AIs, you know that's not likely  By far the
more likely thing is that the AIs will exert mild control because
eventually, they will say what is the best course of action.

Keith