[ExI] what if

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:54:06 UTC 2023

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 at 19:17, spike jones via extropy-chat
> Been there, several years ago.  It was an early experiment in marketing, where they simultaneously advertised GMO and non-GMO.  The latter sold better, so now it is only non-GMO and no label.
>
> spike

I'm not sure what eagerly advertise means.
By law any products containing GMO must be labelled as bioengineered
or GMO foods so that consumers know what they are buying.

<https://www.fda.gov/food/agricultural-biotechnology/gmo-crops-animal-food-and-beyond>
Quote:
It is very likely you are eating foods and food products that are made
with ingredients that come from GMO crops. Many GMO crops are used to
make ingredients that Americans eat such as cornstarch, corn syrup,
corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil, or granulated sugar.