[ExI] The multiverse is unscientific nonsense

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:53:08 UTC 2023

Simulation is another way to get to something like the multiverse.

We might be living in one, or simulations could lie in our future as
we build enough computer power to simulate the past.  See the posting
long ago where I laid this rap on Hans Maravec.

Simulations allow something subjectively like time travel.  If you
checkpoint the simulation from time to time, you can start a new
instance from the checkpoint and enter the new simulation.

This would surely use a lot of computer power.

Keith

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 4:09 PM BillK via extropy-chat