[ExI] video

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:05:14 UTC 2023

> Just how good is videoediting?  For instance:  take an old football game video.  Could they put other people in the suits, change the suits, change the people in the crowd, and so on while still keeping the action identical so it looked like the older game but with different players?

Deepfakes are now quite good and convincing. The issue is generating completely new videos not derived from existing ones. The current state of the art for novel video generation is not yet generally good enough to fool people. Expect this to change within three years as the technology matures. Mustafa Suleyman, CEO of AI company Inflection, has said "We’re going to be training models that are 1,000x larger than they currently are in the next 3 years. Even at Inflection, with the compute that we have, will be 100x larger than current frontier models in the next 18 months.” 1000x larger would put the AI parameter count roughly on par with the connections in the human brain. There is a good chance that within three years we will have AGI and in that case almost nothing seen on the internet can be trusted.