[ExI] quote of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 6 19:45:10 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, 6 October, 2023 11:15 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] quote of the day

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 at 19:01, John Klos via extropy-chat

> > I believe you are correct about his point of view: to Spike,
> > presumably Spike is indeed more important than money. ;)
>
> All the money in the world couldn't get you another Spike ;)
>
> John

>...Yea, even if you cloned 100 little Spikelets (he's probably considering
it).  :)

Dang I wrote the previous before reading this.  Ja the thought occurred to
me.

>... Their environment, education, etc. would be so different that they
would not turn out like the original Spike...

OK but if we did it, I could teach them myself.  Then they would know about
all the quirky stuff that makes me me.

>...Best bet is to use AI to create a Spikebot and let it loose in the world
to create havoc. :)

BillK

BillK, that has been on my mind a lot.  I don't understand all the mechanics
of large language models, but some parts of it make a lotta sense.  Going
the software route is our best bet methinks.  I will be honest with you: I
don't want a hundred clones, I don't even want one.

I will offer this: I prayed to Evolution to make me a better man.

It gave me my son.  Evolution spoke to me.  It said: Here ya go spike,
here's a better man for yas.

It surprised me that Evolution would speak to me in a voice that sounded so
much like me, even using my own figures of speech.

I have been thinking hard about creating a software "clone" of myself.  I
know of the voice cloning software, now we need the LLMs to get involved.