[ExI] what would you do?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:27:05 UTC 2023

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 8:56 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> we would be OK if we get San Jose to buy Moffett Field from NASA,

As a fellow resident of the area: ain't happening.  Way too many interests,
government and high-money, with their hands in Moffett staying the way it
is.

> move Minetta Airport over to Moffett,

Even more impossible.  The neighboring cities (and, again, their high-money
private interests) would get the courts to throw out any such attempt.

These two problems are independent of the attempt to deal with the
homeless.  You couldn't even use Moffett for a Palo Alto Airport grade
private aviation field at this point.

I wonder if a shelter, possibly underground (or under the current ground
level), with good HVAC could address the problem.