[ExI] Star employees benefit less from AI

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:03:19 UTC 2023

This may already be true for the lowest performers, but not for the top.

And...so far as I can tell, humans are capable of learning specific skills
much faster than AI - if the humans want to.

This means that those who care about a craft can use AI as a crutch until
they become better than AI.

The problem with that future is the large percentage of humans who simply
don't care about any particular useful craft.  They have a job because they
have to, not because there is anything useful they want to do.  They might
prefer to sit around all day getting drunk or otherwise pursuing
self-pleasure, with even the basic necessities of life viewed as unpleasant
chores.  Quite a number of them would care enough to make life for others
unpleasant if they could find a target - such as AI - to blame for their
less-than-stellar resulting fortunes.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 7:48 AM Gadersd via extropy-chat <