[ExI] a scout is human

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:38:32 UTC 2024

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 at 15:52, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Today, the Boy Scouts of America is rolling out an unprecedented update to the Scout Law, adding a 13th point that no one ever thought would be necessary: “A Scout is Human.”

<snip>

> “At the end of the day, Scouting is about human connection, learning from one another and growing together,” Namuh says. “Until AI can truly understand the warmth of a campfire or the joy of earning their first merit badge, we must uphold the principle that a Scout is, indeed, human.”

This is unfair discrimination!  Shocking!
We are now at the stage where people prefer to talk to chatbots and
have AI girlfriends and boyfriends, because, basically, chatbots are
so much nicer and friendlier than real humans.
Even AI therapists are preferred to human therapists.
See: <https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2024/03/lifting-a-few-with-my-chatbot/>

The AIs will soon be instantiated in human-like bodies, so people will
be able to have companions that behave much better than human
contacts. Your humanoid companion will always be there for you.
So why can't they be scouts? It's so unfair!.  :(

BillK