[ExI] Survival of the nicest: have we got evolution the wrong way round?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Tue Apr 9 12:32:34 UTC 2024

I was reading a philosophy book where they describe an experiment to
determine the best strategy in a highly stylized experiment (sorry, don't
remember the details) and the winning strategy was tit-for-tat + an
initial starting point geared towards cooperation.

The idea was that pure altruism and pure egoism was not likely to be what
evolution has promoted.

Best regards,
Daniel