[ExI] See the Screw Bike - it's not what you're thinking!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Apr 25 20:33:17 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] See the Screw Bike - it's not what you're thinking!

British YouTuber makes world’s first mecanum-wheeled e-bike Called the Screw Bike, it isn’t the best-looking electrical e-bike out there, but its unique abilities certainly compensates for that.
Christopher McFadden     Published: Apr 22, 2024

<https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/worlds-first-mecanum-wheeled-bike>

>...The video also explains how he built it.

BillK

BillK, there was plenty of compensating coolness to this rig, to make up for the initial disappointment in finding out it isn't what it sounds like.

I can easily imagine innovative races and competitions, such as screw-bike basketball for instance, or a kind of screw polo.  It would need to have a different name, to avoid being sued by disappointed ticket holders when they get to the arena to find it is not what they expected.

But just imagine the possibilities, the races, the jousting, oh my.  Hilarity would ensue.