[ExI] California storms

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:46:50 UTC 2024

On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 at 18:55, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

>…There’s more rain and wind coming this week.  I am hoping to go hunting for downed trees.  I still have gasoline left in Mister Chain Saw…
>
> spike
>-------------------------------------

Good to hear you're all OK in California and out singing the lumberjack song!
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts>

CNN seems to be providing good news coverage.
<https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/california-atmospheric-river-flooding-rain-02-05-24/index.html>
Quote:
Atmospheric river lashes California with heavy rain and wind
By Mary Gilbert, Antoinette Radford and Eric Zerkel, CNN
February 5, 2024

Winds were screaming Sunday night in the Sierra Nevada. Wind gusts
eclipsed 140 mph for two weather reporting stations located at about
8,700 feet in elevation in the greater Lake Tahoe area.

One of these stations, located on Ward Peak in Placer County, recorded
a 162 mph wind gust just after midnight Monday. Stronger winds are
more common at higher elevations, but these winds are still
exceptional for mountainous terrain.

The redwood tree fell on a man in Yuba City, north of Sacramento.
Los Angeles seems to be getting heavy rain and flooding now.

BillK