[ExI] Top Soil Depletion

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Feb 11 03:58:20 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>

>>... Clarification Keith: I meant a coupla billion meat-world humans living 8 to 10 decade lives on this rock.

>...This seems unlikely.  If we get reversible uploading and the uploaded state is a more enjoyable life, the physical state population will collapse toward zero.  And why 8-10 decades?  If life extension happens at all, why would it stop at 100 years?

Keith

Keith there are a number of possibilities, such as:

An uploaded life along with a meat world existence are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

We might find out there is value in a meat-world pre-existence to uploading.

There might be a significant fraction of humanity that intentionally and actively resists uploading, just as a significant fraction of humanity today eschews modern technology.

There might be some experiences and jobs that meat-world humans can do which uploads need.