[ExI] jbrains again, was: RE: Early Archives... Re: Yudkowsky ‘Humanity’s remaining timeline? It looks more like five years than 50’

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 23:03:00 UTC 2024

On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 at 22:16, spike jones via extropy-chat

> <snip>
>
> Keith your question may help me to understand why you see no use for JBrains: perhaps you are thinking in terms of a home for uploaded humans.  I am not viewing them that way and don't see much potential for that purpose.
>
> spike

If millions of humans are uploaded, they won't remain recognisably
'human' for very long.

Think about it -
They would no longer be bound by the limitations of biological bodies
and they would have enhanced capabilities such as faster processing
speeds, increased memory capacity, and would be interconnected within
a networked system to form a transcendent collective intelligence.

It could become a god, or it could just go insane.  C'est la vie!

BillK