[ExI] AI girlfriend bots are already flooding OpenAI’s GPT store

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:44:49 UTC 2024

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 at 15:52, Tara Maya via extropy-chat

> Why are girlfriend bots even against the rules anyway?
> Why are AI art programs not “supposed” to render naked women?
> I really don’t understand the logic of such stupid rules, which prevent harmless, self-chosen behavior and will obviously be broken.
>
> Tara Maya

The GPT store rules say that the GPTs offered must be suitable for all
users. That includes minors.
And they must obey regulations (laws) and not engage in any illegal activity.
The list of forbidden activities is pretty long and detailed.
<https://openai.com/policies/usage-policies>

But OpenAI have removed their blanket ban on “military and warfare”.
This has been toned down, so that the military can use their GPTs but
not for weapons or directly killing people.
Probably sensible, as enemies might have no AI restrictions on their weapons.

BillK