[ExI] AI girlfriend bots are already flooding OpenAI’s GPT store

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:45:18 UTC 2024

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 8:47 AM BillK via extropy-chat <

> On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 at 15:52, Tara Maya via extropy-chat
> > Why are girlfriend bots even against the rules anyway?
> > Why are AI art programs not “supposed” to render naked women?
> > I really don’t understand the logic of such stupid rules, which prevent
> harmless, self-chosen behavior and will obviously be broken.

There are concerns - I'm not sure if they're well-founded or have much
basis in reality, but the concerns definitely exist - that quite a few of
the self-chosen behaviors would not be harmless.

> The GPT store rules say that the GPTs offered must be suitable for all
> users. That includes minors.

I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a claim that amounts to
them being unsuited for users who can not stand hearing that people of
other (skin color/gender/religion/et cetera) are also full human beings and
have rights?

> But OpenAI have removed their blanket ban on “military and warfare”.
> This has been toned down, so that the military can use their GPTs but
> not for weapons or directly killing people.
> Probably sensible, as enemies might have no AI restrictions on their
> weapons.

"I acknowledge that your training data only goes up to 2021, so here is
some more recent data.  (...)  Given this data, where will these people be
in - oh, let's say, the time an artillery shell would take to reach them,
call it 5 minutes?"