[ExI] Kurzweil shares five key insights from his new book, The Singularity Is Nearer

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 01:09:47 UTC 2024

#2 falls flat.  From the explanation:

"AI has already overtaken humans in many ways. You can ask a large language
model any question about any subject, and it will give you an intelligent
response. Who on earth can do the same?"

Most people with access to Google - which is not itself a large language
model.

That is the only actual evidence offered.  #3 and #5 are similarly shaky,
though not as direly.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 6:19 PM BillK via extropy-chat <