[ExI] US Democrat Playbook

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 04:22:28 UTC 2024

Adrian...

On Sat, Jul 6, 2024 at 9:46 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> On Sat, Jul 6, 2024 at 10:41 PM Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> It seems perfectly safe at this point to predict that
>> Biden (who is no longer an empty vessel, has caused a fair bit of
>> inflation, and is widely thought to be possibly empty headed in a
>> quite literal way) will be replaced before the election.
>

> HAHAHA no.

HAHAHA yes.

> 1) Who specifically would they replace him with?  The only Democrat who does better than Biden on most polls, Michelle Obama, is not running and can not be made to run.  If they don't have a specific person to replace him with, then there is no replacement; to say he will be replaced without any idea of who to replace him with, is like the Republicans going on and on and on and on about repealing the Affordable Care Act but having nothing to replace it with.  (This is the main reason why, when it came to the actual votes, no full repeal has yet made it all the way through.  It's the same deal with replacing Biden.)

Biden wants Harris. I don't know if Biden gets to make this choice. I
think it's the delegates to the Democratic convention. Harris isn't a
sufficiently empty vessel IMHO to win. Of course, events have been
interesting lately to say the least. So who knows how this is all
going to go down.

-Kelly