[ExI] Zuckerberg is democratizing the singularity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 22:21:35 UTC 2024

On Sun, 28 Jul 2024 at 21:52, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know how this could be done.  I doubt it is possible, but I
> will certainly be interested if you have any ideas about it.  I
> suppose I could see having a camera on every kid in a basement with a
> computer, but where are you going to get the people to watch what the
> kid is doing?
>
> Keith

Meta has built-in security checks in Llama 3.1 which should catch
users customisation which contravenes Meta's Terms of Use.
However, it looks as though a malicious user might be able to make
modifications (breaking the Terms of Use) that could enable Llama 3.1
to bypass these checks and behave harmfully. We'll have to wait and
see what the hackers do and how Meta reacts.
BillK
Meta has integrated several safety tools into Llama 3.1 to prevent misuse:
Llama Guard 3: This tool moderates both input and output to detect and
prevent harmful content, including responses that could facilitate
cyberattacks
Prompt Guard: This feature protects against malicious prompts that
could manipulate the model into producing harmful outputs
Code Shield: This tool filters insecure code suggestions and ensures
secure command execution, mitigating the risk of the model being used
to write or execute malicious code