[ExI] New Design of interstellar warp drive

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 1 00:25:29 UTC 2024

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] New Design of interstellar warp drive

>…You just need to get in and out of a hollow shell dense enough to be a black hole… Adrian

I’m sorry Dave.  I’m afraid I can’t do that.  Hal

On Fri, May 31, 2024, 6:14 PM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

A Groundbreaking Scientific Discovery Just Gave Humanity the Keys to
Interstellar Travel.
In a first, this warp drive actually obeys the laws of physics.
By Manasee Wagh    Published: May 29, 2024

<https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a60941082/light-speed-warp-drive-breakthrough/>

The Alcubierre drive has a glaring problem: the force behind its
operation, called “negative energy,” involves exotic
particles—hypothetical matter that, as far as we know, doesn’t exist
in our universe. And faster-than-light travel is impossible.

But a new proposal allows for up-to-light-speed warp drive. So, still
impossible at present, but researchers are hopeful.  :)

Interesting article!

BillK