[ExI] trust the fake science?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Tue Jun 11 07:30:28 UTC 2024

On Mon, 10 Jun 2024, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:

>       How many airship companies are there and how many have you
>       spoken with?
>
> Not many and more than zero, not including the majority of cases where
> I unsuccessfully tried to get their attention.

Did you get any feedback from them why they where not interested? Or was
it that they didn't even reply?

> Financially, though that's driven in part by the technology.  There's
> also customer demand: what you describe is basically an airborne
> cruise ship, and thus would directly compete with aquatic cruise
> ships.  See for example https://oceanskycruises.com/ .  An airship

Thank you very much for the link.

> If this idea appeals to you, there are a lot of free resources out
> there for how to plan a startup business.  Start by seeing what people
> are paying for the closest equivalent (cruise ship tickets, in this
> case) now, and how many of that equivalent are sold per year.

I'm no stranger to starting businesses, but in this case, as you say, I
will need more information. Once I have that, and _if_ things look good,
it's just about finding the capital, and the rest should be (as the
saying goes) (future) history. ;)