[ExI] Ray Kurzweil explains how AI makes radical life extension possible

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:13:58 UTC 2024

On Fri, 28 Jun 2024 at 11:41, efc--- via extropy-chat

> Yes, I agree. We might have another AI winter where current progress will
> benefit a few years of quiet research that will yield the next
> breakthrough. It seems as if after every AI winter, we solve more and more
> problems.
>
> Perhaps "the" AI will be a coordinating function that successfully
> integrates several techniques that we already have?

It won't be a few years research! The development cycle is speeding
up, especially now that we have AI available to help.
AI has told us what we need, now just do it.

See:
<https://www.tomsguide.com/ai/chatgpt/ai-is-better-at-fixing-itself-than-with-human-help-meet-openais-new-bug-hunter>
Quote:
AI is better at fixing itself than with human help — meet OpenAI's new
bug hunter
By Christoph Schwaiger     published 28 June 2024
It's going to take AI to catch AI bugs
OpenAI has created a new model called CriticGPT that has been designed
to spot errors in programming code produced by GPT-4.